Hello! I’m Phil Harrison a Worcestershire based Professional Photographer.
I’m best known for photographing weddings, families & portraits but I also do aerial, video , commercial & events.
I’m a Dad with two gorgeous daughters Ella aged 11 & Molly aged 7! I’ve learnt the art of playing with Barbie Dolls for hours on end and learning how to ride a hover board… ok ok learning how to fall off a hover board!
The biggest complement I get (apart from the quality of the photos!) is that I make people feel relaxed having their photos taken, I’m very professional & that I’m a “nice guy”! I used to hate being called “nice” but soon realised it wasn’t a bad quality! That’s just me in a nut shell although under that relaxed mode I am very professional in what I do & I understand the importance of getting lovely photos on important occasions.
- 2017 was a brilliant year including 29 weddings photographed, nurseries , play groups & many family shoots.
- 2018 introduced a broader mix of photography including weddings , commercial , nurseries / play groups , events & aerial photography. I became CAA authorised for commercial aerial imagery.
- 2019 was a busy year with 25 weddings (I’ve now done over 100 weddings) multiple family shoots, aerial sessions, a primary school with 551 individual photo sessions & 14 classes, & nurseries too. I have also combined aerial video with ground based video too.
- 2020 – well we all know how terrible it has been & multiple weddings & photo sessions have postponed until 2021. Things came to an abrupt halt in March but I turned my attention to online videos especially for musicians. This included doing an online multiple voice video for a Military Wives Choir. Check out my Youtube channel here! I have worked hard doing COVID safe sessions including some wedding, outdoor family shoots, promotional videos , property aerial videos & photographs , a school & nurseries. I’m planning for next year now.
- 2021 – Many weddings have postponed until from July this year so I will be very busy! I’m also getting many bookings for 2022. I’ve just been asked by another Primary School to do their schools photography so it’s a strange time at the moment where I’ve got time to update my website etc but soon I’ll be nice & busy again! I’ve also been asked by a dating agency to provide their clients with headshots… maybe I’ll get some wedding bookings from this in time?! 🙂
I’m therefore a very versatile photographer accommodating many requests.
I’m also a freelance musician hence the Musicians Gallery link, playing Trombone for musicals , Symphony Orchestras & other ensembles. I’m currently Principal Trombone both at the Birmingham Philharmonic Orchestra (https://bpo.org.uk/) & also Chandos Symphony Orchestra (http://chandos.org.uk/) , both high quality orchestras. I also played with Flowers Brass band for 10 years & depped for some of the country’s leading bands including the Black Dyke band.
I’m very passionate about what I do and I’m very fortunate to do what I love on a full time basis.
For many years in my career including 11 years in a High Street Bank my job entailed building and maintaining client relationships. If you need photos doing for your own important clients (perhaps an Estate Agent requiring property photos) , you can be confident in my ability to be very professional & to treat your clients with the utmost respect.
I also have a permanently set up studio with professional backdrops and lighting , perfect for families , children , individual portraits & pets! See pricing for more information. If the tab bottom right of the screen says “Chat With Us” I’m sat at my desk editing so click it for an online chat , or call me on 07977 552064!
I’ve also received many kind words from people who have been happy with the photography I have provided.
Weddings – I always look forward to photographing weddings & I’ve photographed over 100 weddings. I realised I can offer something quite special to show the mood of happiness on such a special day and also tell a story with my photography from the getting ready shots through to the first dance. I can photograph in any style whether it’s formal or more candid “reportage” photography. Check out my wedding photo gallery click here I am always very thorough with all the weddings I photograph making sure I’ve checked out great locations at a venue for beautiful photographs and checking with the bride & groom before the day if they have any preferences. I’m always happy to discuss ideas and to give advice as well, especially regarding the time available on the day for group photos (making sure that these don’t dominate the day) . I always offer the option for a pre wedding shoot which is a great way to get to know each other and for a couple to get used to having their photos taken.
Family Photography – Having two young children I have had plenty of opportunity to capture those special photos from giggles to the more moody moments. I love taking family photos and my photo sessions are really good fun! I’m also used to photographing parents / grandparents and adjust my style accordingly! Sessions can be in my studio or at a favourite outdoor location.
Aerial Photography – I’m authorised by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) for aerial photography up to 400 feet high to get spectacular images. I also hold £1m in public liability insurance which can be increased if required for a particular shoot. I’m first and foremost a photographer so all of my skills translate into the correct settings / lighting to get great photos from the air. I’m also very competent in flying a drone and follow the strict guidelines laid down by the CAA to ensure safe flying. If photography requires talking to your important clients you can be assured of a professional approach – before becoming a professional photographer I spent 20 years + providing clients with advice and maintaining high levels of customer relationships. Check out my aerial gallery click here
Whether it’s Family, Wedding, Portrait or any other type of photography you require, I can offer a very professional service and also at the same time make you feel very relaxed in having photos taken! Check out the blogs and also click here.
Equipment – On occasions I get asked what equipment I use. And the answer is Canon & Olympus professional cameras & Lenses. My main camera is a Canon 5D (Mark IV) and I also have 2nd and 3rd Canon 6D’s & also Olympus Cameras too. My main lenses are a Canon 24-70 2.8 ii & the absolutely gorgeous Canon 70-200 2.8 ii . (did I really just call a lens gorgeous?!) I also use a 12-24 to get those very wide angled shots. It’s all high quality professional equipment bought from new & for weddings I have back up cameras / lenses etc. For family studio shoots I use Elinchrom lighting & for Aerial photos I use DJI drones and cameras ….. really sorry if this has made you nod off!
Feedback – Please check my “Kind Words” page.
If you would like to make an enquiry please contact me by clicking here
Check out samples of my work for Weddings and Family Portraits , click here
For Aerial Photography click here
Privacy statement click here